Yeditepe University is a private foundation university situated in Istanbul, Turkey. Established by the Istanbul Education and Culture Foundation in 1996, Yeditepe University now claims to be the largest of the 74 foundation universities in Turkey.
Student Visa requirements for turkey
Document Required for an Australian student visa:
- Your passport, valid for at least 90 days
- A completed and signed Turkish student visa application form
- 2 passport-size photos
- Letter of acceptance from your university, including the duration of your stay
- Proof of travel insurance for your entire stay in Turkey
- Proof of health insurance
- Proof of booked flight tickets to Turkey
- Evidence of sufficient financial resources to support your study and living in Turkey
- Visa processing fee, this can vary depending on your nationality
- Proof of accommodation in Turkey
- Previous education certificates or diplomas
Student residence permit requirements
In order to stay in Turkey beyond the 90 days allowed by your student visa, you must apply for a residence permit at the Provincial Directorate of Migration Administration.
You’ll need to supply the following documents:
- Application form
- Passport, including photocopies and your student visa
- Proof of your university place
- Four passport size photographs
Your residence permit will be valid for one year, but you can renew your permit 60 days before it expires by visiting the local authorities and completing a renewal application form.
Student visa processing time
The processing of your visa application can take between 3 and 15 days, but this can vary depending on the embassy or consulate you’ve used.
Although the processing time for a Turkish student visa is relatively short, it’s well worth applying as early as possible. Unforeseen delays, or missing documents, could mean you don’t get your visa in time if you leave it until the last minute to apply.