Why Study in Malaysia
Study in Malaysia | Get Your Student Visa – Education Consultant
Malaysia boasts one of Southeast Asia’s most vibrant economies, the fruit of decades of industrial growth and political stability. It occupies the parts of the Malay Peninsula and the Island of Borneo. It’s known for its beaches, rainforests and mix of Malay, Chinese, Indian and European cultural influences. The capital, Kuala Lumpur, is home to colonial buildings, busy shopping districts such as Bukit Bintang and skyscrapers such as the iconic, 451 m-tall Petronas Twin Towers.
The majority Muslim ethnic Malay is dominant politically, and benefit from positive business, education and the civil service. The country is benefiting from a growth in manufacturing, and is a major tourist destination. Malaysia is a mix of the modern world and a developing nation. With its investment in the high technology industries and moderate oil wealth, it has become one of the richer nations in Southeast Asia. Malaysia, for most visitors, presents a happy mix: there is high-tech infrastructure and things generally work well and more or less on schedule, but prices remain reasonable.
- The local universities are getting better
- Growing partnerships with universities in other countries. Many foreign universities, especially Australian and British, have branch campuses in Malaysia
- Malaysia is a multi-ethnic melting pot. Just half the population is Malay while almost a quarter is Chinese and over seven per cent is Indian. Whilst Malay is the official language of Malaysia, English is a recognised language and widely spoken. Such a setting is a great foundation for international students to make them feel at home in addition to having a sense of belonging
- With certain industries on the rise and a growing economy, Malaysia is in need of skilled workers. Industry makes up a significant part of the country’s GDP with oil, gas and palm oil making leaps and bounds in the export markets. In addition, there is a demand for graduates in accounting, biotechnology and computer science sectors
- Wide choices of food
- Multi-ethnic nation with vast variety of cultures.
The Malaysian higher education system has grown from strength to strength over the past few decades. Over the last ten years alone, the system has made significant gains in student enrolment, risen in global recognition on key dimensions such as research publications, patents, and institutional quality, as well as become a top destination for international students. These achievements are a testament to the drive and innovation of the Malaysian academic community, the support of the private sector, as well as the deep investment the Government has made. Nonetheless, the Ministry of Education (the Ministry) recognises that the system will need to keep evolving to stay abreast with, if not ahead of, global trends. For example, disruptive technologies such as advanced robotics, the Internet of Things, and the automation of knowledge work are expected to dramatically reshape the business and social landscape from what it is today. Preparing Malaysian youth to thrive in this complex and ever-changing future will require an equally fundamental transformation of how the higher education system and higher learning institutions (HLIs) currently operate.
Duration of Study
- Bachelor’s Degree – 3-4 years
- Master’s Degree – 2 years
- Medicine- 6 years
- Pharmacy/Architecture- 5 years
- Admission requirements vary based on the course that the student is applying to and also the high school or university curriculum the student is currently studying.
- Registered students with 4S Study Abroad are provided with detailed admission requirements as well as comprehensive guidance on the entire admission process.
- Minimum AED 20,000 – Maximum AED 80,000 per academic year ( for Engineering, Business, Humanities, etc.)
- Approx. AED 100,000 – and above per year for Medicine/Dentistry related courses
- Living Expenses: Approx. AED 25,000 – AED 35,000 per academic year
- Part Time Work: Not possible
- Post Study – Work Visa: Not possible
Post Study Work Opportunities
- In major cities such as Kuala Lumpur and Penang, English is considered the language of business as most business is conducted in English
- The surrounding districts have an increase in international business and as English is the global business language, Malaysia is no different
- Major business establishment based in Malaysia include: Google Malaysia, SAYS.com, Groupon Malaysia, Nuffnang and ChurpChurp, Rev Asia, FP Avante, MindValley, Intel Penang, Genovasi, TujuanGemilang
- Malaysia has a fast-paced lifestyle and with emerging infrastructure, a highly qualified workforce and an emerging economy, the country has a certain culture towards business and working life.
Students are able to get foreign degree qualifications from universities in Australia, US, UK, France, Canada, etc. through twinning and offshore campuses at highly reduced costs.
With a growing economy – many students look forward to getting into the favorable workforce immediately on graduation. With international companies and investments – the country is a magnet for talent.
Diversity of Education
Universities in Malaysia offer degree programs in every possible discipline you can think of – thus you’re never short of choice for selecting a university for your preferred subject of study in Malaysia.
Cost of Living
The cost of living in Malaysia is highly affordable compared to other top destinations for international students amongst all English speaking countries. This includes housing as well as tuition.
Standard of living
Malaysia is one of the safest and most political stable countries in the world with amazing weather and beautiful flora and fauna. With cutting edge infrastructure coupled with amazing demographics people enjoy a high standard of living in Malaysia.
Multi cultural Environment
Malaysia is a meting pot of cultures from East to West, with students from all over the globe and a myriad of communities you’ll feel at home almost instantly in Malaysia.
Courses To Choose From
Following are some number of courses provided by the Top Universities.
Accounting and Finance
Global Supply Chain Management
Biology with Psychology
Information Systems (Data Analytics)
Information Technology (Computer Networking and Security)
Advertising and Branding
Contemporary Music (Audio Technology)
Digital Film Production
Electronic & Electrical Engineering
Conventions and Events Management
International Hospitality Management
American Degree Transfer Program
Primary Care for the Elderly
Creative Arts and Media
Human Resource Management
International Hospitality Management
Master of Business Administration (Online)
Sustainable Development Management
Visual Communication and Media Studies
Creative Arts and Media
Hospitality and Tourism
Sustainability Science and Technology