The University of Europe for Applied Sciences, shortened as UE, is a private, for-profit university in Germany with its main campus and administrative headquarters in Iserlohn and two further campuses in Berlin and Hamburg.
Student Visa requirements for Germany
The most important requirements during your Germany student visa process are:
- Visa Application Documents.
- Duly filled out and signed national visa application form.
- Your valid national passport.
- Two photocopies of your passport.
- Your certificate of birth.
- Your marriage certificate. (If applicable).
- Your child’s certificate of birth. (If applicable).
- Your recent passport-style photographs. (Up to 3).
- Photocopies of previous German residence titles. (If applicable).
- Evidence of your earlier education.
- Original school-leaving certificate.
- Degree certificate. (If you’re entering Master or PhD studies).
When To Apply For a German Student Visa
The best time to apply for a German student visa is immediately after receiving the university letter of admission and securing the necessary funds to live and study in Germany.
This is one of the most important requirements and if you haven’t been awarded an official scholarship, you need to provide proof of financial resources through other means such as having the funds deposited in a German blocked account.
How much bank balance is required for a German study visa?
As of 2021, the amount you need in your is €10,332.
Germany Student Visa Processing Time
On average, it takes up to 25 days for your German student visa application to be processed. The processing time varies depending on the country and the German embassy you apply to.
All other German visa applications for studies are normally processed within 3 months.
German Student Applicant Visa
A German student applicant visa is the visa to apply for if you are planning to go to Germany to apply for university admission in person.
This visa is initially issued for three months but can be extended for another six months upon your arrival in Germany if necessary.
If in six months you receive the awaited letter of admission in a full-time university study program or a university preparatory measure you’ll be able to switch to a German student visa or a residence permit for studying.