Widely raved for its quality education and competitive admission requirements, Canada has become a popular destination to be reckoned with. Being the country that spends highest per capita income on its educational sector than all the other countries in the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), Canada attracts over 180,000 International students every year for its various educational courses.
Advantages of studying in Canada
There are many advantages to studying in Canada; however some of the most important ones are;
Affordable and less expensive: Canadian institutes are favored by a large number of international students for the lesser course fee they charge without compromising the quality of the education. Since the rates are lower, the institutes observe a huge influx of applications from around the world forcing them to devise highly competitive and tough admission procedures to only admit students with incredible academic track record.
Best country to stay: Canada has been listed as the best place to live in the world according to a survey conducted by the United Nations. 174 countries come under the scope of the survey and each country is given scores under 200 different parameters. Canada earns excellent scores for its high life expectancy, lowest crime rates and perfect access to education.
Work during study programs: Canada allows its students to work while they pursue their career there. However, the students can only work in the campus till they complete 6 months of their education there and after that they can work outside of the campus as well. Students can only work up to 20 hours a week. Many courses normally have a paid co-op term in the industry related to the subject the student studies.
PR and Canadian Immigration: Canada has one of the simplest immigration procedures than most countries. A Canadian permanent resident can apply for the citizenship after 3 years.
Important insights to admission intakes
There are 3 major intakes for universities.
- Spring Intake: During the months of January and February
- Summer Intake : During the months of April and May
- Fall Intake : During the months of August and September
Major intakes happen during the fall intake; however, most of the universities also have intakes during the summer, winter and spring as well. All the courses commence with the fall intake.
Preferred English Language Proficiency Scores
Canada accepts TOEFL and IELTS scores of the candidates for getting admission in their universities.
TOEFL: Score of 90 or above for postgraduate courses and 80 or above for undergraduate courses.
IELTS: Score of 6.0 or above for undergraduate courses and 60.5 or above for any undergraduate courses.
Eligibility for Undergraduate Courses
- 10+2 is mandatory
Eligibility for Graduate Courses
- 10+2+4 is required by most universities. Some academies also accept 15 years education, while some others have bridge programs.
- Strong academic background in high school and college
- High scores in entrance exams like GMAT, SAT, GRE, TOEFL and IELS as per the stipulations of the universities preferred
- Certificates of excellence in any extracurricular activities
Documents required for admission
- Application form and test score reports as needed
- All academic transcripts, mark sheets and certificates
- Personal statement, statement of purpose, admission essays cover letter and resume as required
- Bank statements and affidavit of financial statements to prove good financial background to support the study of the candidate and good scores to get scholarship assistance.
- Strong recommendation letter
With years of experience, we have supported thousands of students to achieve their dream career through excellent career support programs.
|MacEwan PG Programs / September 2017 Intake:|
|1. Business Analysis Exec PD Program – Intl Students – Fact__ Sheet|
|2. Global Logistics Exec PD Program – Intl Students Fact__ Sheet|
|3. Project Management Exec PD Program – Intl Students Fact__ Sheet|
|4. SCE Intl Programs Flyer|