With abundant natural beauty and welcoming people, Malaysia is known as a melting pot of different cultures across the world. With over 400 educational institutions run by public and private bodies, the country offers a myriad of options for candidates who want to chase their dream career down. With its fast developing economy and business environments, international students get ample opportunities to successfully find their careers here. All the graduate and undergraduate courses in Malaysia are well recognized by countries all over the world for its quality.
Important insights to admission intakes
Most of the universities Malaysia have different intakes.
- January intake
- May intake
- September intake
Apart from this, some of the universities have fall term intakes as well in the month of July
Preferred English Language Proficiency Scores
- Most of the Malaysian universities require TOELF or IELTS scores to become eligible for admission in any undergraduate or graduate courses.
- TOEFL: TOEFL CBT score above 173 or TOEFL iBT score above 61
- IELTS: A score of 6.0 to 7.0
- If the students have studied in English medium, universities may waive off the above requirements.
Eligibility for Bachelor Programs
- 12 years of minimum education (Equivalent to HSC)
- Eligibility for Postgraduate Programs
- 15 years of minimum education
Employment Scopes and Policies of Malaysia
- Students can work during their studies but the hours are limited to 20 per week but this can be exercised only during the semester weeks or holidays that exceed 7 consecutive days.
- Part-time employment is confined to petrol kiosks, mini-markets, hotels and restaurants only.
- Permission to do part-time work will be extended by the immigration department of the country, If the department receives good academic performance reports of the student from the universities where the student is studying.
Provisions for accommodation in Malaysia
The rates of accommodation where the candidates study can vary from one institution to another. However, institutions make it a point to provide affordable accommodation facilities for their students. Student friendly hostels that are conducive for study are provided by the institutions.