UK needs no introduction to any student who seeks admission to top universities in the world. Home to greatest thinkers of the world and the top universities of the world, UK is the most preferred location by anyone who prefers quality and standards of education over anything. Unlike any other countries that offer educational programs to foreign students, UK has institutions that are very old with rich tradition of imparting knowledge to everyone across the globe or highly sophisticated, state-of-the-art, modern universities in places like Scotland, Ireland and Wales.
London is the first place that would come to anyone’s mind when they want to study in England. However, living cost of the most dynamic city in the world is really expensive. However, living cost in cities outside of London is really affordable.
Important insights to admission intakes
Most universities in the UK have intakes in the month of September/October while many other universities have January/February intakes as well.
Eligibility for Undergraduate Programs
- Candidates should have completed 10+2 schooling for them to apply for undergraduate programs.
- Students who have lower grades and scores may be considered by the universities if they have professional experience in any field related to the scope of the subject.
- Also, students can undergo foundation programs to improve the grades and become eligible for the undergraduate studies.
- Candidates must have strong financial background or incredible grade to get a scholarship.
Eligibility for Graduate and Master’s Programs
- For Master’s and Research programs, most of the universities require 60% and above in undergraduate program .
- Most of the universities admit students for their Master’s program related to management if the student is able to get above 55% in first degree and GMAT scores ranging between 600-700.
- Some of the universities also require fulltime professional experience of about 2-4 years after the first degree for Master’s program in management. This can vary from one university to another.
- All MBA accredited universities require the candidates to have professional experience not less than 3 years.
- 2 Academic references from any of the professors who have taught the candidates recently. In case of UG application, one of the references must be on the UCAS application form itself.
- For candidates with professional experience must have a recommendation letter from the employer who can comment on the skills and abilities of the candidate.
Preferred English Language Proficiency Scores
IELTS: Minimum score of 6.0 – 6.5 for Bachelor’s programs and minimum score of 6.5 -7.0 for Master’s programs.
TOEFL: Minimum score of 80 for Bachelor’s programs and minimum score of 90 for Master’s programs (Test via Internet).
Documents Required for Admission
Following documents are required for admission.
- All relevant academic documents pertaining to the program applied for.
- Statement of Purpose.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
- If available, photocopies of score sheets of GMAT / IETLS / TOEFL are required.
- Portfolio of candidates who are applying for Art, Design and Architecture programs.
- Other certificates, if any such as certificates for excellence in extracurricular activities.
20640 Strathclyde ISC scholarship A4 REV1 1 LR