One of the most richest and beautiful countries on earth, Switzerland is an excellent study abroad destination. The country has invested heavily on educational sector over the years and it attracts thousands of students every year to enroll in different educational institutions of the country. Student friendly culture and welcoming people along with the healthy lifestyle here make the country one of the most preferred study abroad locations in the world.
There are several reasons to study in Switzerland. It is a country that does not have abundant natural resources apart from the beautiful canvases of natural landscapes and as a result, education sector here has become an important sector that helps the country sail along. As a result, the country boasts of having one of the most advanced and best educational systems of the world.
The education sector of Switzerland offers great scholarships for the deserving candidates. There are scholarships that can be availed from the government of Switzerland and there are universities that provide scholarships for student who have impeccable academic records.
Another advantage of studying in Switzerland is that it is a multi-linguistic and multi-cultural society. Studying there can help students learn many languages such as French, Italian, German and Roman apart from English. Living with people from different cultural background also can help students develop high tolerance levels for other cultures and societies. This can make the person a better human being as well.
Important insights to admission intakes
The academic year is divided into two in Switzerland like any other countries in Europe.
- Fall semester: The semester runs from September through December
- Spring semester: The semester runs from February through June
Preferred English Language Proficiency Scores
Students having good scores in TOEFL and IELTS can apply for admission in any Switzerland universities for higher studies.
For Undergraduate Courses
- Students must have completed 10+2 with an aggregate score of 65% or above in best subjects excluding the marks of the local language studied.
- Good TOEFL and IELTS Scores
- Good scores in any Bachelor’s degree that is relevant to the Master’s program, which the candidate is applying for.
- Professional experience in any relevant area related to the course would be an added advantage.
- Good TOEFL and IELTS Scores
Documents Needed for Admission
- Mark sheets (X to highest Qualification)
- Degree/ provisional certificate
- Passport photocopy
- Letter from college
- Statement of purpose
- Copies of IELTS / TOEFL
- Two letters of Recommendation
- Work experience certificate, if any
Application Procedure for Admission
- The application form must be accompanied by certified true copies of relevant academic documents as required.
- University will intimate the candidate if the application is successful..
- Once the university receives the payment, the confirmation will be sent and this will be needed for the Visa procedures.
- For students outside of Europe, the visa procedure can take up to 8 weeks.
20640 Strathclyde ISC scholarship A4 REV1 1 LR