Having an excellent education system, Singapore has quickly gained the title as one of the most preferred study abroad locations for students across the world. The country’s strong economic and socio-cultural background welcomes students to pursue higher studies there. The country has an incredible educational system well supported by state-of-the-art technological advancements that is well supported by effective educational policies from the government. A close observation of the country during the recent past would say that it gives real value to high standards of teaching and learning.
Advantages of Studying in Singapore
- Singapore universities are very much affordable for students when compared to other top study abroad destinations such as USA, UK and Australia.
- The standards of education are on par with other top study abroad locations like the US and UK.
- Cost of living in Singapore is very less while students can enjoy friendly and high standards of living as well.
- Students with impeccable and excellent academic track records can apply for grants under the Singaporean Ministry of Education.
- For students with an admission letter to any of the universities in Singapore, through in-principle approval (IPA) letter, they can check in to the country.
- Some educational institutions have partnership with pioneer universities in the US and UK.
- Student friendly environment.
- The society is non-tolerant to racism and drugs.
- Singapore also offers high scope for professional advancement as well.
Important insights to admission intakes
Depending upon the courses and institutions applied to, number of intakes and time of intakes can differ. Universities like, National University of Singapore and Nanyang Technological University have their intakes happening in the month of September. All the other major universities such as Polytechnic Institute, Singapore Institute of Management and Management Development Institute of Singapore have multiple intakes for their courses in a year.
Preferred English Language Proficiency Scores
Most of the universities accept TOEFL or IELTS scores as a pre-requisite for their admission. Any students with good scores in any of these can help the students get admission in any of the universities in Singapore. The required scores by each universities can vary depending upon the courses and the universities as well.
Eligibility Requirements for admission
For Undergraduate/Bachelors programs
- Mandatory higher secondary education or pre-university education with a pass certificate of GCE “O” level examination from Singapore or 12 years of schooling.
For Master’s programs
- Undergraduate course of 3 for Master’s program
- Undergraduate course of 4 years for Doctoral programs
- For an MBA program, candidates must have a relevant bachelor’s certification with 2-3 years of professional experience pertinent to the field of study.
Admissions to various universities in Singapore can be obtained through different competitive exams.
Entrance Exams by Universities: Individual universities conduct competitive exams to grant admissions to students. Students with desired score card can get admission.
GMAT: Students wanting to get admission in any of the universities in MBA or any other postgraduate or doctoral programs in subjects related to management must appear for Graduate Management Admission Test and score minimum desired scores preferred by the university.
20640 Strathclyde ISC scholarship A4 REV1 1 LR