New Zealand is a rare place that shares incredibly beautiful landscapes and educational institutions of high reputation all over the world. Being supported considerably by the government of the country, it offers a wide variety of graduate and master’s program that are sought after by many students across the world. It is said that as much as 100,000 students make it to the beautiful island to pursue their highest studies in the hope of creating a highly lucrative career in the future.
High standards of education and supportive environment have made the country a favorite study abroad destination for students from across the world. New Zealand practices a highly integrated education system to support students with a diverse variety of subjects.
Why New Zealand?
- New Zealand offers highly competitive course fee structure and lower living cost when compared to other study abroad destinations like the USA and UK.
- 12+3 academic records are accepted for master’s program unlike the US.
- The duration of the master’s degree ranges from 1 to 1.5 to 2 years depending upon the nature of the program.
- Qualifications and certifications from the New Zealand universities and institutions are widely accepted across the world.
Important insights to admission intakes
There are many important factors that a student has to take care of while applying for admission in New Zealand universities.
- Institutions in New Zealand commence their course from the mid or the end of February that lasts till the end of November.
- Most universities have two semesters with a 4 week holiday in the month June.
- Depending upon the institution where the students want to get admission, the dates of admission and intakes can differ.
- Some of the universities also offer summer courses as well.
Eligibility Requirements for admission
For Undergraduate/Bachelors programs
- High academic grades in High School or 12 year schooling
- If the students want to get admission in engineering or computing subjects, Mathematics and/or Science would be a prerequisite.
For Master’s programs
- Good academic record in the Bachelor’s program from a recognized university.
- Any type of professional experience will be an added advantage for the candidate during the admission procedure
- If the students want to study any MBA programs, professional experience in the concerned field is a pre-requisite along with the Bachelor’s program.
Preferred English Language Proficiency Scores
New Zealand universities require minimum language proficiency to be eligible to get admission in the institutions there. TOEFL and ILETS scores are accepted.
- TOEFL score of 90 or above for postgraduate courses and 80 or above for undergraduate courses.
- IELTS score of 6.0 or above for undergraduate courses and 6.5 or above for any post graduate courses.
Documents Required for Admission
Following documents are required for admission and it may vary depending upon the specific requirements of the institutions.
- All the educational documents including 10th and 12th scores sheet
- Certificates of excellence in any extracurricular activities
- Copies of Passport
- Statement of Purpose
- Recommendation letters and certificate of experience
- Test Scores
We have supported thousands of students to realize their dream career with the options that we provide.
20640 Strathclyde ISC scholarship A4 REV1 1 LR