Call us / Whatsapp Number

056 4468 253
056 4468 254
UAE – Dubai,
Office F-39, Block 2 A,
Dubai Knowledge Park,
Have you registered for learning new skills in 2019? Many programmes begin next week. We also have a range of short courses available throughout the year. Call us at: 056 4468 253

CAS and Visas: Some frequently asked questions

CAS and Visas: Some frequently asked questions

In the run up to the January intake in the UK Universities, we thought it would be helpful to share some frequently asked questions from international applicants and provide you with the relevant responses.

We hope you will find this information useful.

What do I need to submit for my Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) number as part of my visa application?

The CAS number will be sent to you electronically by email along with other detail as stated on your CAS. You do not need a hard copy of this for your visa application; you simply enter the CAS number on your Tier 4 General Student Visa application and UKVI can access this via their online system.

Which location do I need to indicate that I would like to collect my BRP card from upon my arrival in the UK?

The closest BRP collection location to the University.

Is the Immigration Health Surcharge applicable to me and do I need to pay this before submitting my visa application?

To find out if you need to pay the Immigration Health Surcharge and how much this will cost please visit the Home Office Website.

If you’re submitting your visa application online you pay the healthcare surcharge as part of the application process.

If you’re making an immigration application at a premium service centre, you pay the surcharge when you book an appointment.

If you’re making an immigration application by post you must pay the healthcare surcharge before you complete your application.

Which documents do I need to include as part of my visa application?

You must include all original certificates which have been used to accept you onto the course at the university. These are listed on the bottom of your ‘Confirmation of Offer Details’ letter and stated on your CAS. They are likely to include both academic certificates and English Language certificates.

You should also include your ATAS certificate if your course requires one. You will also need to include documentation to demonstrate your maintenance (either a sponsorship letter if you are a sponsored student or maintenance documents such as bank statements/loan letter as previously provided to Teesside University).

When do I need to arrive in the UK?

All courses start with an induction week in the second week of January 2019. On this date there will be an International Orientation event where you can complete your document checks, obtain your Student Card, find out how to open a UK bank account, book an appointment to register with the Police (if required), register with a local GP (Doctor) and attend induction events within your Academic School.

You should aim to arrive in the UK in time to attend the induction event in January. If you do arrive earlier date of orientation, please collect your BRP card from the local Post Office so that you can bring this to document checks when you come to enrol.

Can you pick me up from the airport when I arrive in the UK?

Usually Universities do offer a free meet and greet service from the local airports. As long as information is provided to the university well in advance.

How much money do I need to have to demonstrate my maintenance?

You must show that you have money for living costs for each month (£1015.00 per month for cities outside London) of your course up to a maximum of 9 months. The total living costs you must demonstrate should be based on the course dates listed on your new CAS, and be up to a maximum of 9 months (£9135.00). You must also show any unpaid course tuition fees listed on your new CAS for the required period and in the required format.

Not all of my documents are in English, do I need to get these translated?

Yes. If you are outside the UK, where a document is not in English, the document must be accompanied by a full translation that can be independently verified by the Home Office. The translation must contain:
• confirmation from the translator/translation company that it is an accurate translation of the document
• the date of the translation
• the translator/an authorised official of the translation company’s full name and signature
• the translator/translation company’s contact details.

What documents do I need to bring to the University to complete my enrolment?

You need to bring the following:
• Original Academic Qualifications (including evidence of your English Language IELTS etc)
• Passport

When can I get my CAS number?

Once you have been issued with your Confirmation of Offer Details letter, checks are carried out such as maintenance, credibility and UKVI history checks. For further details on the CAS process please visit our website.

I’ve sent all my documents, how long does it take to assign my CAS?

Upon receipt of satisfactory documents and/or the pre-CAS checks referenced above you can expect to receive your CAS within 5 working days.

Please follow and like us:

Comments are closed.

Please, fill-up the form below & one of our representatives will soon get in touch with you.